Thursday, March 3, 2011

'Head Over Heels' Series and Versatile Blogger!

Ready to find out what I'm Head Over Heels for?  Okay, maybe you're not (but here's to hoping there's a little interest!).  I've been thinking about this for a while and finally decided to just do it and see how it goes.  I write mostly about what projects we are doing in our home, which includes a lot of work and inspiration.  In between all the work I end up finding so many things that make me feel inspired or excited!  I'd love to have a way to share them (without having a whole separate blog, that sounds like too much work)!

So, I have decided in true Hammers and High Heels spirit to write a weekly post about what I am Head Over Heels for at that point in time.  Sound okay?!?!  Oh, and I had a blast making this little logo!

I will be writing my first post in the series tomorrow, after that you are free to tell me if it is a horrible idea and I should just stick to the house stuff. Sound fair? 

As I said before, I get inspired by just about anything, so my weekly obsession might range from some sort of antique (standard to my usual) or fashion, events, people, places, humor, etc.  I promise to keep it intesting and inspiring.  I think this month might be sort of my test phase and we will see how it goes.

Find out tomorrow what I am Head Over Heels for this week!

PS- Holly over at Chic and Lovely included our blog in the Versatile Blogger Award! 
I graciously accept and am ready to spread the blog love back into the blog-o-sphere!
Here are the award guidelines for the next group of lovely bloggers I am going to link up! Warning: it is a lot of working doing all the linking, but you have to love the fun spirit of the blog world!

1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post
2. Tell 7 random facts about yourself
3. Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers
4. Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it.

So.... here are 7 random facts about ME!
1. My first car was a Geo Metro (so was my second car), thanks Mom :) No really, at least I had a car
2. I was a competitive gymnast when I was in elementary school and middle school
3. I keep around 10 pairs of high heels in storage bins at my desk at work
4. My high school cheer team photo is on a wall at an Applebee's in Grandville, MI (now there's a claim to fame!)
5. I love all kinds and types of food, the only things I can't eat are mussels, they totally gross me out 
6. I lived in the Harvey Hall dorms at Western Michigan University my freshman year of college
7. Lastly, (ready for this one) I worked at Cedar Point Amusement Park for 1 month after my first year of college... yep, I was sort of a "carnie" for a while, haha!!!!

That last one always cracks up my friends!  It is soooooo not me, and if you are curious, the operated the "Power Tower" ride.

Here are 15 blogs I LOVE and you should check them out!

 
Pheww!  See you tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. It took me forever to link up to all the blogs! I'll have to check these out, there are several here that I've never heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Can't wait for the first installment of "Head Over Heels"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so honored that you thought to link us. Seriously, such a sweet thing. A lot of people don't get my love of blogs, but it truly is such a fun community to be a part of. So inspiring and refreshing to meet like minded people. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Can't wait to read about what fun troubles you get yourself into this weekend. And I am looking forward to Head Over Heels.

    Oh and one more thing--that barn wedding link you sent me. I mentioned in my email to you that I thought I had seen it before. Sure enough, when I went to add the pictures to my inspiration folder, they were already in there. Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that our faces are adorned on the Applebee's wall. I mean, we pretty much spent half of our lives there, and the other half in the wrestling room. So it is well deserved. I enjoyed your fun facts and I do remember your cute little Geo. Maybe I'm off here, but wasn't it purple?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post!nice to know you.the title makes you drop dead gorgeous.iam hoping for a nice read about high heels

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for thinking of me! I can't wait to check out all the blogs you linked. I love the title for the new series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Thanks for the shout out. I am totally going to play and party. I chuckled about the GEO. A friend of mine had hers in Bright Yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea that we were famous in Applebee's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! Yay!!

    And I LOVE your idea about inspiration. We're on the same page totally!! I can't wait to see what inspires you. I find that side of design really interesting.

    Pleeeeease will you tell me how you made your gorgeous picutre with writing?

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carla Marie,

    Thank you so much for sharing this honor with me and my blog. I truly appreciate being included in your list of blogs you love.

    I love your high heel logo, by the way. And, I think anything you blog about is going to be great. I love mixing it up a little on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for mentioning my blog! It was fun reading your seven things. Too funny that your picture is in the Applebee's in Grandville! I just drove by there yesterday! Have a great weekend.
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?