Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Cutest Thing Happened In Our Backyard...

Baby Bunnies!!!

Everyone all together now, "Awwwwww"

Our pup Sadie was the one who discovered these little guys in our backyard a few days ago during one of her potty breaks.  She kept digging her nose by our fire pit and was making really goofy howl-y type sounds.  Alex and I walked over to see what the problem was.  Alex pulled Sadie away and then when I saw something moving I freaked out!  My first reaction was that it was a rat, or a mole, or who knows!  Then Alex took a closer look and confirmed....

Baby Bunnies!!!  They had cute tiny round bunnies ears and their eyes weren't even open yet!  We are pretty sure there are just three of them.  It was impossible to get a good picture of all 3 since they just sort of popped up out of their nest and went right back in, but this was the best photo.  I think #3 was camera shy.
They were so adorable I just wanted to pick one up, but my 'I lived on a farm so I am a wildlife expert' husband reminded me to leave them alone (aside from photos of course).
After a quick trip outside their nest they hopped back inside their home.
And of course, Alex and I being the dorks we are, we had to name them :)

I hope I can get a few more pictures of Flopsie, Bopsie, and Hopsie once they get bigger or when their eyes are open.  Who knew we'd experience nature up close out here in the urban jungle?!?

Hope you enjoyed this full day's dose of cuteness!

5 comments:

  1. OOHHHHHHH!!!!! They are adorable!!!!! We have a Holland lop and I just love him. What a sweet bundle to find in your yard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma Bunny picked the best back yard in the neighborhood to build her nest!
    ~Lynne
    [w/l]

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least Sadie didn't try to eat them! My roommate's old dachshund went into killer mode when he saw baby bunnies. It will be fun to watch your kiddos grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, Sadie wasn't trying to eat them thankfully, if anything she was trying to pick one up to bring to us. According to Alex (again self proclaimed wildlife expert, since Sadie's breed is for hunting, they never kill or try to eat things they pick up, they know they are supposed to pick up and bring to their master. I am just glad she didn't bring one into the house! It has been a pain keeping both dogs away from their nest though, they are so curious about the new little buddies outside :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?