Monday, November 7, 2011

Is it Easier to Ask for Forgiveness Than it is to Get Permission?

  I had to ask myself that question over the weekend....
My hubby (& DIY partner-in-crime) was in Traverse City Michigan this past weekend for the annual Iceman Cometh Challenge.  I had a plenty to keep me busy and a couple get-togethers with friends, but I couldn't keep my mind off painting the office.  Ever since the painters finished up the ceiling I have been DYING to get the walls re-painted.  Alex reviewed and approved the inspiration image I found for the room (click here to read the post), but we never officially picked the paint color.

So, I thought back to that age old question- Is it easier to ask for his forgiveness than it will be to get permission???

....I answered "YES"!
Waaahahaaaa (evil laughter)

Pretty excited about getting rid of that gray!  I'll let you know if I get in trouble, hehe! The hubby is headed home as we speak!

Stay Tuned............

4 comments:

  1. My guess is you'll be forgiven! Thanks for stopping over to the blog today, and saying such nice things. You're a sweetie. Did you notice in one of the pictures you can see the top of the window you gave us? It's in the background, behind our very messy dining table. October was crazytown for us, but I'd love to get together with you one of these days. Looks like everything is coming together nicely for you guys. Glad all the construction is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm considering doing the same thing! I've been saying for three years that I'm not going to go through another Christmas with dark green walls in the living room. I'd like to actually see the Christmas tree in our photos, lol. Unfortunately it's not a quick fix as the walls are going to need a good coat of primer before I can paint. Maybe I will do the kitchen instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a second, I thought you were repainting your living room! Excited to see the new color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! Get after it girl :) I'm in the middle of "asking permission" to paint our office grey, we should've just switched colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?