Thursday, November 24, 2011

Holiday Table Decor: Antique Spoon Napkin Rings, Cutting Boards, Wine Tasting Station & More!

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!  It is a beautiful and unseasonably warm day here in Minneapolis, just loving it! 

I thought I'd share some of our Thanksgiving Day Decor while Alex is busy cooking up a feast in the kitchen! Here is a look at our table settings and decor (I think this could also be fun for Christmas but adding in ornaments with hints of red and green!).
 I got a white stain & wrinkle resistant table cloth from Target to cover the table.  Then I layered on a linen table runner that I sewed from some scrap fabric.  For the centerpiece, I just used 2 lanterns, pine cones, and 1 large birch candle- found all those goodies last minute at Marshalls!

For the table settings, I started with square mirrors we had laying around from Ikea and I laid our everyday square white plates on top.  My FAVORITE part is the mini vintage bread boards! I got just in time from Diana over at Our Vintage Home Love.  Aren't they beautiful?!?  They are all different shapes and sizes, so cute!  You can find them here at her Etsy shop.  On top, I used some brown napkins I picked up at Target and made the place cards myself with a stencil.
 Aren't the napkin rings beautiful?!?

 Alex and I made them from these antique spoons I picked up for $5 at an antique shop!
He simply used his "man strength" and bent them around the handle of dumbbell.
Bending around the dumbbell helped to ensure a consistent shape for all 5 napkin rings.
I was so happy with the way they turned out!

Now to our Sideboard... 
I picked up that extra large bread board on clearance at Bachman's for only $15!!!  Steal right?!?  I wanted to use it as a backdrop for the sideboard set up.  Thinking I will decorate it a bit more for Christmas.
 I put the tallest lantern that matched back to the ones at the table in the corner and filled with some wine corks.  I ended up getting the Wine Tasting station I mentioned in this Head Over Heels post from Bachman's for $34.99.  I couldn't resist!  I loved the small chalkboards above each wine bottle.
 The sideboard was all set up with our Thanksgiving Day appetizers.  We like to snack through the day while we are all hanging out before the BIG meal.  I thought the wine, bread, and cheese combination always makes for a lovely looking display.
 When I changed up the decor on the sideboard, we ended up having to remove our wine rack that usually sits on top.  It took up most of the space on top of the sideboard and we were ready for a different look!  I got creative with this vintage wood caddy I picked up at Art and Architecture in St. Paul...
I still wanted to store a few bottles in the decor, so just placed them on their side and used our vintage widow's peak to hold the bottles on top (and it looks fun)!

That's what Thanksgiving is looking like at our home, how about you?

Well, I better see how my handsome chef is doing in the kitchen :)

We hope your home is full of family, friends, food, love, and laughter today!

***************
Had to link this post up for Layla's Table Decor Party :) I think it'd be lovely for Christmas as well!

The Lettered Cottage

3 comments:

  1. Looks great, Carla! Thank you for the shout out! Hope you enjoy them! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made the napkin rings....I pinned this wonderful idea and will use it in the future...your whole table is beautiful and very creative..

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?