Thursday, December 6, 2012

All Warm & Cozy By Our 2012 Christmas Tree!

There's something about a beautifully lit Christmas Tree that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, right?  We finished up decorating the tree we picked up on our annual Griswold adventure (that post is a must see!) and I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy looking at these pictures! 

I'm hoping you'll enjoy a look too!  Here's our 2012 Christmas Tree...
We decided to put the tree in our Living Room instead of the Sunroom like last year.  

 We kept with our cozy rustic cabin theme for our tree as we did for the mantel decor (click here for a look at the mantel!).
I used plaid garland with only red, gray & clear glass ornaments. I stayed away from any gold, silver, or glittery elements to keep a rustic vibe which was actually kind of tough!  Everything is covered in glitter this time of year, right?!?
My favorite ornaments on the tree are the glass ones filled with cut book pages inside!  I picked some up last year at Finch's Boutique created by Jason Berke and still love them! 
I also think that I finally mastered the art of winding the garland throughout the tree opposed to wrapping it around. It really makes such a difference!

  

*Sigh* I just love the warm cozy feeling of a Christmas Tree in our home and I love decorating it with my hubby each year!

Click here to see our 2011 Christmas Tree AND each one before (we've really improved our tree decorating since our first in 2007, LOL)!

What do you think of our 2012 Christmas Tree?

Do you have any tree decorating secrets/skills to share?

See you tomorrow for Head Over Heels DIY Friday!

Linking this post up over at Thrifty Decor Chick's Christmas Tree Linky Party!

3 comments:

  1. No squirrels? Boy would Saddie enjoy that. The tree looks beautiful. You are very telanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful, and such precious memories you and your husband have made, and continue to make, of this happy time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks lovely! A gorgeous Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?