Friday, November 16, 2012

Head Over Heels DIY Friday: Monogrammed Table Runner

Can you believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away?!?  Naturally, this week's DIY had to focus around some table decor! Take a look at the simple and stylish monogrammed table runner I made last night...
All it took to make it was a solid table runner (I used the reverse side of one I had at home), fabric paint, paint brush, and a stencil (or two) for the design. We had a metal "Z" stencil that I actually use for decor, but it worked perfectly to make our monogrammed Z. I printed and cut out a greek wreath pattern to use as a stencil around the Z.
I traced the stencils using a pencil and then filled in the design with gray fabric paint.  Super simple right?  
I still have to figure out my whole Thanksgiving tablescape, but I know I will be using this table runner to give our table a personalized "Z" family touch! 

Are you Head Over Heels for my DIY monogrammed table runner idea too?



Click here to see last week's Thanksgiving DIY wall art too if you missed it!

Tomorrow morning we'll be fighting the crowds at the grocery store for our turkey and other necessary Thanksgiving food goodies.  Are any of you going to be grocery shopping too?  I have to admit I am kind of scared :)  it's always a crazy crowd right?

6 comments:

  1. I fought the crowds today and picked up our free turkey that we earned with our "bonus" points at the supermarket:) Bring on Thanksgiving! Love the table runner. Simple, yet elegant:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Be careful when you go out tomorrow.
    A crowd in my small-town store is four people, lol. BUT, I might actually have to wait for a moment at the flashing light at the four-way, traffic can be a killer this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It's such a bold graphic and it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love anything monogrammed and this is such a good DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Braved Cub Monday morning. Everyone was super friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg! I love the Antlers in the cloche with the candles! This is a decoration I could get the boys in on!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?