Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Salvaged Light Fixture, Decorative Molding, and New Paint for the Vestibule!

My Vestibule project is so much better this week!

I found these salvaged light fixture at Bauer Brothers Salvage over the weekend, they're strangely awesome right?  I thought the distressed copper metal would compliment the color of the tile work in the entryway well and I loved the unique vintage look. With the way it is designed, light will be able to come out from all sides which should help brighten up the little space too!  The best part was talking the price down from $75 to $50 and taking one of them home!  Not too bad right?

In addition to the light fixture, I picked up one of these decorative moldings from Menards for around $10.  I loved the suggestions posted in our comments (in this earlier post) to add some kind of interest to the ceiling since it is such a small space.  I thought we would paint this to match the wall color and give the ceiling a little pizazz!

As for that awful navy blue paint, I kissed it goodbye and covered it up with a couple coats of Behr's Bitter Chocolate paint.  It is the same color we used in our Master Bedroom, and actually Alex suggested this before I made the mistake of trying navy blue... so here's an official "honey you were right" for all to see :)
Haha!  It looks way better right?!?  Even has a nice shine too it like I had wanted!

We Alex will be installing the light fixture tonight.  Fingers crossed our salvaged find is in proper working condition and we won't have any strange electrical issues!  Then just a few finishing touches and we should be able to finally post some 'afters'!

What do you think of the vintage light fixtures?

Do you like the new paint?

5 comments:

  1. I love the new light fixtures, so cool! I happened to like the navy blue, but I have to admit the brown is very pretty, too. It gives a very cozy look, and I am all about cozy. I think the light will be perfect in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paint and I can't wait to see the light fixture. I have been afraid to use dark brown in my house but it sure looks great! Really pops against the wainscoting.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love em! Like the brown paint too, and bead board! Can't wait to see the afters:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the light fixtures! what a great find...and the medallion...I love those. Your chocolate color on the wall above the molding is very good....
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much better! Love the deep chocolate color! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?