Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Alex is "Antsy in the Pantsy" for a Project

Alright, I know I said I was going to talk about the closet-room today but my handy hubby requested something else instead because he's "Antsy in the Pantsy" for a new project (and it's a direct quote). 

The closet is mainly a "me" project so I think Alex is getting sick of posts about the closet...  He also pointed out that maybe you are getting sick of them too and just want to see it done?  I can't blame you :(  So no more little stuff with the closet-room, the next post on that topic will just be the final "afters" and I hope that will be pretty soon!  (Sorry I've been dragging a** on this project, maybe the clothes and shoes sidetrack me when I'm in there?)

Anyway, Alex has been toying with two project possibilities...

Getting a new tub and tiling our upstairs bathroom shower...
Inspiration images via Houzz, Katy Elliot, and My Design Guide

OR

Building a brick fireplace in the backyard....
Inspiration images via Home Depot and Houzz

What do you think?  Which project should we be gearing up for next- the Bathroom Shower or Backyard Firepit???

Let us know what you think so Alex can get the "antsy" out of his "pantsies"!

18 comments:

  1. I vote for the backyard fire pit. Maybe you'll even get to use it sometime this year. Where the crap is spring anyway??!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hope it gets nicer out so we'll get excited to build the fire pit!

      Delete
  2. I vote bathroom shower first since you'll use that everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands down the fire pit!We too live in MN and this winter has been brutal. Enjoy our short summer this year with an awesome fire pit (maybe an adjacent wood fired stone pizza oven too???). I say tackle the bathroom this fall or winter when he gets antsy in the pantsy (Seriously LOVE that he said that!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, I think we will do the fire pit. I hope that it warms up soon, geeze! We will save the bathroom for the colder months, which I hope are far off!

      Delete
  4. My vote would be the fire pit, cause thats awesome and shouldn't (that being the key word) take too long. Then he can work on the bathroom ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yes I hope it won't take too long but yes you never know!

      Delete
  5. Fire pit. Hands down. It's summer (or close to it) and that means s'mores and fun gatherings around a heat source at night. Save the bathroom for a rainy day. You get those in Minnesota, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I think we're with everybody. Fire pit it is! Hoping it warms up outside though, brrrr!

      Delete
  6. OMG - so vote for the firepit! We put one in last May and have gotten so much use out of it - we love it! Our back yard is now our little entertaining oasis in N Mpls. It's something you can enjoy 3/4 of the year, or even adventurously in the winter. You can do the bathroom anytime. Do the firepit now and you can enjoy it after our week of summer has passed! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firepit, enjoy summer! Mary in NY

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would go for the bathroom, but my vote is bias because I have been having home-bathroom fantasies and would love to take a nice relaxing bath in one of those bathrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope I can take baths once we redo the shower & tub because now I never do! It is icky and old! I think we will do the fire pit first so we can enjoy the weather then tackle the bathroom when we get antsy again or in the fall.

      Delete
  9. I vote fire pit. Save the bathroom for next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote fire pit. Save the bathroom for next winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Firepit for sure!! We love our fire pit/seating area in our backyard, it really is useful most of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I think it'd be great for summer and into the fall. At least I hope we get summer? It is still freezing outside!

      Delete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?