Saturday, June 5, 2010

My Paintings in the Guest Room

Now that we have a lot of house and yard work done, I have been trying to get into a couple of hobbies that help with decorating the house. We finished painting and got a bed for our guest room (not finished with the room yet, will post before and afters soon), but the walls were blank and I couldn't really find anything I liked for the walls. I have wanted to try painting for a while, so what better time than now! I got a 2 pack canvas from Michaels and black and white paint. I had an old damask template that I used to paint the left painting, pretty easy, just traced. For the other, I really wanted something that said 'Sweet Dreams', but a Francais, so 'Fais de Beaux Reves', painted the canvas white, then wrote the phase in pencil and traced out some fleur de lis icons. And wala! What better decor for a guest room, sweet dreams!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?