Monday, September 20, 2010

New York City Visit: Drool Worthy Home Decor!

I mentioned that I was in NYC last week, it was pretty awesome!  I have never been to NYC and it was everything I thought it would be.  I loved seeing all the sights and just the overall feel of being in the city, the hustle and bustle, shopping, and the people!  I could people watch all day in that city!

 I took this pic from the top of the Empire State Building, it was breathtaking at night!
Here's my dorky self portrait from the top, say cheese!  (or cheesy?!?)


Here are some fun pictures from stores I visited.  I have been wanting new living room furniture for a while now, so I couldn't help but take a few pictures of some of the things I liked (among the other billion store pictures I got on the trip) so I could show Alex.  Of course since this was in NYC, these are a bit out of our price range, but a girls gotta dream!







And this isn't living room, but how gorgeous and glamorous is this bed?!?! Ah, if only Alex could agree to a pink master bedroom, haha!

I love this rustic table too, very eye catching!

I also got to stop in Rachel Ashwell's NYC Shabby Chic Store in Soho, it was sweet and dreamy, I loved it!
I got the okay to take pictures from the staff when I walked through, always a must!

The beds all looked so soft and cozy, just wanted to curl up in them!


I loved this chair and chair cover, the print on the back is so cute.  I would love to get chair covers for my dining room chairs in white or linen to brighten the room a little and print a cute design or number onto the back of the chairs... hmmm, project?

Here is the last picture taken from the entrance of the store, aren't the crinoline lamp shades so.. well "shabby", I love them!

1 comment:

  1. Great shot off the Empire State Bldg! I am a born-and-bred Brooklyn, New Yorker and I miss the city so much! (I worked in Manhattan for almost 20 years and I miss it!)
    Now I am in the "dull" country. LOL!
    Glad you enjoyed your trip.
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?