Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Halloween Theme Took Over Our Mantel

I wrote about my first experience decorating for fall in this blog. I will quote what I said about the mantel decor, "I wanted to give it a bit of a fall look, but not overly theme it."  So what happened 3 weeks later?  This happened...
Yea, I don't think you can get more themed than that!  The pumpkins multiplied from 4 to 13 and the 'Happy Halloween' banner officially made our mantel overly themed.  Again, Alex built the mantel last year, here is the blog showing how he built it (still so thankful we have a mantel, otherwise I would have nothing to decorate!).  With Halloween a week away now, I think we can enjoy the festive decor, then tone it back down. But it turned out pretty cute and fun! 
Now, time to light the candles and watch some scary movies!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I think that's always what happens when the holidays roll around...you're ready to give it a "bit of the look" and then the next thing you know there are pumpkins coming out of your ass :P

    It's looks great though, I can't wait until we move into our new place and I can do cute stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?