Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Junk Bonanza. Thursday. Shakopee, MN. Be There.

Need I say more?!?

Thursday marks the first day of the 2011 Junk Bonanza at Canterbury Downs in Shakopee, Minnesota.  If you aren't familiar with Junk Bonanza, here is the description of the event from their website:

The Bonanza hosts more than 130 juried "junk" vendors of vintage finds, beautiful antiques, one-of-a-kind and artisan-repurposed pieces. The 2010 gathering included more than 10,000 visitors who found their special treasure at the three-day, indoor, event.


Last year was the first time we attended this event all thanks to Layla and Kevin from the Lettered Cottage.  While they were on a visit here we were lucky enough to have them come and redo our Guest Room and go junkin' with them at Junk Bonanza
 Everything we bought was used to decorate our Guest Room and we LOVED it! Layla and Kevin were every bit as fun to hang out with as we had imagined from reading their blog.  We were also very thankful for this experience because it's how many of you ended up finding us and our blog :) before that, I think my mom and sister were our only readers.

I am still really bummed that the Guest Room was the only room to have tons of damage from the tornado.  It was my favorite room in the house because of how it turned out, and the overall experience with Layla and Kevin was a fun memory for us.
 SIGH

Anyway, back to Junk Bonanza!

I am heading there Thursday morning to do some junkin'!  Will you be there?!?  I am also really looking forward to meeting a few other bloggers that have booths there!  I have a few things on my wish list, but I know I can't go too crazy considering our whole upstairs is a cluttered mess with all the work going on.  But maybe I will find something that will inspire me for our Master Bedroom Redo?  Or the Office?

For all the local readers/ bloggers, hope to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be there Thursday morning! It's just great fun to see all the great treasures/ideas.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I met you...It was actually before I started blogging. I was following Layla and Kevin.
    I thought you were the COOLEST couple...so I booked marked your post! Have fun...maybe I'll see you two on HGTV this time! HA!
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be at Junk Bonanza, too. I got some great things there last year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?