Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sights From Junk Bonanza and My Vintage Find With a Fresh Spin

Last weekend Alex and I made the annual trek out to Junk Bonanza.  It's been a tradition for us ever since our first visit with Layla & Kevin from The Lettered Cottage when we shopped for Guest Room decor.
I always love going to these local events because I know I can count on seeing some buddies from the blog world out and about.  We got to snap a quick picture with Elisa & Kevin from McBrides On the Go.
 After chatting it up with friends, we got our shop on and began zooming through all those booths filled with one-of-a-kind finds...






One of the booths has a lot of creep little doll heads, either sitting by themselves or connected to random old objects.
My favorite booth this time was Uber Chic Home.  I was drawn in by all the beautiful over dyed vintage flour and grain sacks. 
I loved that it was a new spin on the grain sacks you usually find at Junk Bonanza.  After chatting a little bit with the gentleman working in the booth, I found out that this vendor sells to One Kings Lane.  I sifted through the sacks and found a beautiful one that I just had to have (thankfully at a lower price than One Kings Lane).
Here's the beauty I brought home for $40.  I just loved the rich turquoise color with peach and navy stripes.  The booth vendor also reminded me how the unique stripe patterns were hand woven into the sacks so that farmers could identify their bags at the mills. Gotta love that special bit of history!
I'm not sure what I am going to do with it yet.  I guess I've been getting away from the burlap and grain sacks in our home decor, so I'm trying to think of another way to use it?  Perhaps making it a farmers market tote bag?  Hmmmm....
*************************
Elisa blogged about their Junk Bonanza trip today too and she has a little (personal) history story about her purchase too!  If you are curious about what she took home check out her post here, she also got a TON of pretty photos!

Alright, gotta get back to some projects!  Stop back to see our Fall Mantel tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Cool find Carla!
    It was great seeing you guys at Junk Bonanza! We totally saw that booth with all the creepy doll heads too! Yikes!
    Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
    -Elisa
    from McBride's On The Go

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?