Friday, September 21, 2012

September Head Over Heels Friday: Shopping for Fall Ideas at Honeyshine

Don't you love it when you randomly stumble upon a fantastic home decor boutique?!?  I know I do and it happened to me last week when I was leaving a local coffee shop and saw a store called Honeyshine.  The bottom of their sign said, "Curiosity Required," so I figured that I must take a look inside and I am so glad I did!  This store is located in the heart of Bryn Mawr, basically a 2 minute drive or 10 minute bike ride from our house. It was right under my nose and I can't believe I haven't seen it before. 

The shop was filled with all kinds of home decor and cute gift items that were traditional, modern, repurposed, humorous, and even strange- I totally loved it!  And it was all curated in such a clever way that made my quick stop turn into a long visit.... and a mini photo shoot (sadly I only had my phone, sorry the pics are going to be a little blurry).  But I hope you are curious too now!  Take a look at some of these home decor ideas from Honeyshine...











A totally cute and curious little boutique right? 

A couple of my favorites were the black studded trays, birch wrapped candle holders, and those silly squirrel figurals!

BUT!
Overall I think the best idea is all of the strange random objects covered in glitter.  I took one look at that glittered covered tire and thought "boy, that'd be the perfect girly addition I've been looking for on Alex's Zombie Jeep" haha!  
I'm sure if I did that Alex would be just as surprised as I was when I came home to our Zombie-fied Jeep :) Ha!

Which decor ideas were your favorites?!?!


Click to see week #1 or week #2's shopping trip ideas!

I've got a few fun projects to work on this weekend and I'll get some pictures of our sunroom that a few of you asked about in our back entryway post!  See you soon!

*******************
PS- Stylelist Home did a feature on our House Tour before and afters!  Check it out here...



Totally awesome right?!?!

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I am OBSESSED! I have never heard of this store either but I must check it out. I like those trays too - I've been searching for one and just recently settled for a West Elm one. I'm normally anti-gun but I kind of love those book ends too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed on the gun bookends, guns are sad/scary but they make bad ass bookends I guess? I think I am going to DIY that tray! We have a plain black one that is just sitting in our basement, I need studs!

      Delete
  2. Way to go on the feature! :) Hopefully you will have lots of new (excited) readers to cheer you both on!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?