Monday, December 13, 2010

Accessories For Our Mini Bathroom Update Plus Preview!

Thankfully, we are just about done with our Mini Bathroom Update! Last week we put up trim and painted the upper part of the walls with black chalkboard paint. We also asked what color we should paint the bottom half and it was unanimous that the lighter blue was the way to go!  We actually didn't even need to buy paint, we used some of the extra Behr Cumberland Fog color that we had used in our Guest Room.  Here is a little teaser of how the new color is going to look (left part of the lower wall), so much better than the gold, what in the world were we thinking?!!?
 Now I am finishing up the accesories for the final look!  Here is a picture frame from Ikea that we had in another room. I thought it would be perfect for what I needed in our mini bathroom. Just needed a little something extra.
 I love gold antique frames, so I thought with some gold paint I could give the frame an older, more glamourous look. I used Rust-Oleum's Metallic Copper paint, their gold was a little too bold and brass looking.
 Oh I just love painting, spray, spray, spray(sarcasm font)!  Goodbye black (you will have to wait for the next blog for the final look on this frame, it is super fab though)!
 I originally had a black curtain and black towel in the mini bathroom.  Now that we have the black paint, it would just be overkill.  I wanted to lighten it up a bit, so I picked up a new Fieldcrest Luxury Bath Towel for $11.99 and two Home Brand Window Sheers for $14.99 each.  I've never had Fieldcrest Towels before, man are they thick and plush and I love the gray stripes at the bottom so it isn't just plain white. The Sheers are great too, these have some light striped embroidery on them to give them a little pattern and texture.
 Now we need something vintage with charm for this little room! I found these awesome wall hooks at Bachman's when I went to the Idea House. They were only $4.99 each! We have a fun idea in mind for these guys!
 I might get a couple more things but we plan on posting the 'Afters' tomorrow or Wednesday when it's are all set up!  I can't wait to see what you guys think!

1 comment:

  1. I have this frame from ikea its in my living room now and i put a deers head inside that I made (paper mache) it looks cool too, I LOVE these wall hooks, kisses from Poland ! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?