Friday, April 12, 2013

Head Over Heels DIY Friday: No Sew Tuxedo Stripe Pants

Happy Friday everyone!  Today I have an easy and fashionable DIY to help get me out of these -ahem- APRIL winter blues.  Seriously winter you can stop now, most of us would like to embrace Spring and freshen up our homes, gardens, and see the darn sunshine again!

Okay, back to the DIY- Let's get on this trend and make some No Sew Tuxedo Stripe Pants! 
Image via Who What Wear
I've been dying to make these for a while now, I see them all the time and love the look!  Sadly, I haven't found any in stores that are the right look & fit.  So, I took a pair of skinny trousers from my closet and make my own!
All you need is a pair of pants/ jeans/ trousers (I think this tutorial works on most fabrics), an iron, scissors, Stitch Witchery, and fabric ribbon.  Make sure that the ribbon is made of fabric and not the paper-y/ crafty kind of stuff because it will basically melt when you use the hot iron.

Start by cutting your ribbon to the length of your pants and cut pieces of the Stitch Witchery to place between the ribbon and your pants.  Then, cover the ribbon with a towel and place a hot iron on top for 10 seconds (repeat for the ribbon along the length of the pants).  Make sure to check that your ribbon adhered properly along the length of each side.  

That's it!!!  Don't you LOVE no-sew projects?  I know I do, my old pants look so fabulous now and that project took just 20 minutes!

You know I am Head Over Heels, but...



What do you think of this DIY?  Will you give it a try?

What other projects are you up to this weekend? 

I hope the weather improves for everyone across the US, this week has been nasty!  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! Will do this with my daughter in law. Love all of your tips & projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Side note....I know Aimee Song and her boyfriend Wes Mason and she (and he) are as kind and sweet as she is fashionable. She believes in animal rescue and supports a group I work with..

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?