Friday, July 5, 2013

Head Over Heels DIY Friday: Heather's Master Bedroom Update

A couple week's ago my cousin's wife Heather asked me for some decor advice for their Master Bedroom so I decided to pull together some ideas that she'd (hopefully) be Head Over Heels for! 

Heather purchased the Lucianna Duvet from Pottery Barn to kick off her redecorating project and hoped to add in a robin's egg blue as an accent color.  To get an idea of the space, I asked her to sent a couple photos so I could get an idea of how to bring the colors together...

She also mentioned that she needed ideas for wall art above their headboard.  So, after a little online "window" shopping, here's what I came up with....
Pillow Target $33.00  Diamond Pillow: Target $16.99  Threshold Fretwork Border Window Panel: Target $24.99  Threshold Tear Drop Glass Lamp Base: Target $46.99  Threshold Burlap Lamp Shade: Target $15.79   Ribba Photo Frames: Ikea $14.99

Since the wood tone of the headboard felt similar to the wall color, I thought it would pop better if it were painted white (gotta have a little DIY action right?) and the white matches the wood trim in the room as wellThe rest of the accessories all came from Target (Heather already has the lamp & shade) except the photo wall frames, but I imagine Target has similar frames too.  I even found a few things I wanted for our house during my online "window" shopping which includes those Fretwork window panels, they come in like five colors and I love them all!
Now Heather can decide if she is Head Over Heels for look or not but I hope she is (I know I am)!  I had fun putting together the idea board too, so if anyone else needs some ideas for a room feel free to send me an email!

What do you think of the look? 
What other ideas do you have for Heather for their Bedroom?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?