Monday, December 2, 2013

Hunt Down & Chop Down Time: It's Our Annual Griswold Style Tree Adventure! Plus a Look at My 2013 Christmas Style Inspiration!

(Once again) In the historic words spoken by Clark W. Griswold, "We're kicking off our fun old fashioned family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols."  

And yes, I know the whole Griswold concept/story is a bit old now, but it's still a hoot of a good time and makes me giggle every year :) so the tradition continues on!
Click the link to see our 2010 tree adventure, 2011, or 2012

Yes, once our quiet Thanksgiving for Two was over (which also included some yummy AND pretty drinks, I totally had to share these with you!)...
Rosemary Gin Fizz recipe here and Hot Gin Toddy Recipe here
... We knew it was time to start covering our house with Christmas and where else do you start but with the tree!  So, we hopped in the car the next day with Rusty Rocco and Audrey Sadie and headed up to the Rum River Tree Farm to hunt down and chop down our 2013 tree.

After much debate and wandering through rows and rows of trees, grumpy cheerful Alex plopped down to chop down the 2013 tree of our dreams :)

Then, we stuffed that bad boy in our trunk (literally!), and got it all set up in the living room to decorate!  We paid just $32 for our self cut tree-such a steal if you ask me!   But man, I can't begin to tell you what mess of pine needles that ended up in our car and house, LOL!

Here's a look once we got it set up, it's just begging for decorations right?!

Here's a look at what I've been feeling inspired by for this year's look/theme.  I'm feeling the Greens and Golds for sure and I'm digging the look of cedar greenery or garland.
Images via Terrain, Good HousekeepingDigs DigsChatelaineRemains SimpleFinders Keepers Market IncA Country FarmhouseHappy Mundane
I've been working hard on getting it finished up along with our mantel and dining room decor- I can't wait to show you what I came up with!!!  I'm planning to share the finished tree tomorrow, then the mantel Wednesday, and the Dining Room Thursday!  It'll be a week long Christmas celebration here! Wooooo!  I'm so pumped! Are you pumped?!  If you're not you better get yourself pumped real quick because a whole lotta Christmas is headed your way!!!  Yep, I'm feeling that good ol' Christmas Crazy feeling, I just LOOOOOVE Christmas like a crazy lady!

How about you?  
Are you busy setting up your Christmas decorations too?  
Was there a theme or color scheme that inspired your holiday decor this year?
Are you a Crazy Christmas type of lady too?!!

I'd love to know!  Hope to see you back tomorrow for our tree reveal!

1 comment:

  1. That looks lovely! Is it a frasier fur? We didn't have the opportunity to chop our own but we did purchase a live tree this year for our first home together. Very exciting. Merry Christmas to y'all!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?